I must live in the wild. I can frequently see birds- robins, cardinals, Red tailed hawks soar in the sky, crows can be seen on a regular basis as well. On almost any given morning in my backyard I can see squirrels, chipmunks (I don't like them), rabbits and woodchucks. I have also seen a skunk. Luckily that one was at night and he kept on moving. Deer have a nightly route through our side yard with their midnight snack in my flower bed. Grrrrr.
But the other day a saw an animal I've never seen before. I was driving home by the golf course, (for those of you who have been here you know that isn't far), when some animal ran across the road. In my mind I thought, "Deer no too big, fawn to short, dog no. Oh my heck (yes I am from Utah) that was a coyote!!! Boys did you see that!!" Of course they didn't see the coyote, but I did and was slightly unnerved by it. My friend says she can hear them at night. At first they sound like a child crying outside. This makes me thankful I have a fenced backyard, but also amazed that living right around me are all these amazing animals.
You must be my neighbor because we have all of these at our house too. Our dog was sprayed by a skunk last fall and it took months to get the smell completely out of our house. Aaron saw a coyote driving home from work last week. The deer eat the bushes in our backyard all the time. The worst part of it are the mice we routinely catch in the basement. Gross!
ReplyDeleteLuckily we haven't seen mice in the house. Knock on wood.
ReplyDelete