So I guess I was ready for Christmas because exactly 1 week before Christmas I ripped the wallpaper off our front entryway. It was peeling at the edges so badly that each time I passed by I'd rip a bit off. I was planning on doing the whole project right after Christmas. I guess the peeling was really getting to me. Now it looks so much better. I did a faux technique with venitian plaster to give the wall a textured look. It turned out different than I thought it would, but I really like it. It looks marble and is very smooth. Now the problem is I think it would be really cool up our staircase. However it takes three steps and is more time consuming, but wow it would look awesome. I'll let you know what I decide.

Step 1

Step 3-- Seth helping

I think you can see the final product in this pic.
As if the holidays aren't busy enough, you are painting! Wow, I wish you lived closer because our whole house needs it!
ReplyDeleteI hope some day to have your motivation. Nice job, Erin.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so great!! And you ARE crazy to do that right before Christmas, but I say, if you have the energy and the will - go for it! Great job!
ReplyDelete