Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Actually got up early and exercised. The kids are still asleep. Jeff is off to work. All is quiet. I don't think the house has ever been this quiet. We are enjoying Utah and being back in Utah with family close by. I was a bit nervous about how that would all go. Our family has been very independent the last 10 years. It was very good for Jeff and I. We depended on each other to make ends meet in everything. I wouldn't trade that for anything. It is nice however now to have the boys ask if they can go to grandma's and be able to say 'yes' instead of answering 'we'll see grandma (or who ever) in 3 months'. I am loving my home and neighborhood. I turn into the neighborhood and take a deep breath. It feels like home-- peaceful. The boys started school, but are already off track with year round school. So this break is actually our summer. It is nice to relax. We have swim lessons, cub scouts, and are starting piano and riding lessons. We bought a horse property. I want the boys to be comfortable around horses. Oliver is mucking stalls for a little job. He loves that he has a little job and gets paid. I'll stop my rambling now.

1 comment:

  1. Year-round school? As in...no summer vacation? Weird. I'm not quite sure what it means to buy a horse property...but it sounds like fun! And it sounds like you guys are feeling settled in and very happy - glad to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete