Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fun in July

Okay-- here are the details I promised you all.

First of all we had my brother Jake and his family-- Stef, with the kids Brooklin, Brock, Garrett & Greyson come up from Alabama as well as my mom & dad with Elizabeth (Z) & her baby June, (We missed you Taylor) came out from Utah. We had a full house. The kids were very excited about sleeping on the floors and 'camping'. This is something my boys asked for at least twice a week anyway. We had a ton of fun. Unfortunately Jeff is my usual cameraman so I don't have any picture of most of the events because he couldn't take off time in July with the new residents starting. We visited Palmyra and Fayette NY to see some church history sites. The pageant night we had perfect weather. We also got to meet Moroni.

We visited Jamesville beach were the kids did the first annual cousin triathlon-- swim, run, bike. We switched the order and included scooters for the younger ones. It was great to see everyone move. I loved hearing Brooklin say at the end though, "That wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. I'm really tired." But everyone loved their shirts and awards. (See slide show).

As for me, I finished my triathlon. Jake, my brother, came up with me. Our goal was to finish and that we both did. I was very pleased with how I did. My time was about what I thought it would be in the water and on the run, but my bike was faster then I thought it would be. That is very good because I was passed by everyone. I mean everyone. That is because swimming was my strong point and I finish well with that. After the swim though it was everybody's game but mine. I just kept telling myself, "The goal is to finish, not the speed" over and over again. It was fun to hear your name announced as you crossed the finish line. They celebrated everyone. If you want me to bore you with more details just call me. I have plenty.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on your race! I can't wait for next summer's annual kids triathlon. I think my kids would really love that. We're sorry we didn't get to come visit too.

    ReplyDelete