Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apples, Apples and more Apples

To say we love apples is an understatement. We have been apple picking twice now. The first time with our good friends the Radels. They have 8 kids and we always have a grand time with them. After picking we headed to their house for food and fun. Danielle and I even did a little bit of shopping. However the 60 or 70 pounds of apples didn't make near enough applesauce, apple crisp, apple chips. So we headed back again to Owen's Apple Orchard. For those of you who are local it is by far the cheapest place around. $0.48. It is on the 5 just past Elbridge. Anyway we ended up picking another 150 pounds. Don't worry not one apple goes to waste. My boys love applesauce and I don't feel bad letting them eat lots of applesauce all year long. Thank you Kathy and Debbie for letting me borrow the equipment that makes the job go quickly and smoothly. My boys love apple picking time.

Radels and Nelsons picking apples--


Enjoying a rest after apple picking and eating lots of good food.

Find Seth if you can

We filled the yellow wagon behind Bry.




making the applesauce

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin! It's Amanda Rutkowski. I love reading you blog! I can't get over how big your boys are all getting! I feel like it's been forever since I saw you guys! :) Apple picking looked like it was TONS of fun! That's one thing I really miss about living in Baltimore. We have some places outside of the city, but it's really expensive and nothing like NY! At least we'll be up next weekend so I can get some apples and pumpkins! :) Hope you are all doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete