Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Raspberry picking

We went raspberry picking in late September at Hencle's Berry patch. It was great picking. The boys enjoyed picking and eating. I love it because this is how the boys help with the gifts they give their teachers at Christmas time. We make jam for each teacher. I was bummed in July because we didn't make it out picking raspberries and I didn't think we would be able to make jam. We have raspberries in the yard, but that was the boys afternoon snack every afternoon in July. I was excited when Jeff found out we could still pick the berries every fall until there is a hard frost. The boys loved picking and eating the fruit of their labor.






3 comments:

  1. I do miss all the wonderful u-pick farms in NY. Dane is adorable covered in all that berry yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look like Dane when I go to Hencle's. For some reason the berries never make it to my bucket. BTW, where are the pics from your Adirondack trip?

    ReplyDelete