Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'll never hear this again.....

Each of my boys, except Dane, have said something I thought never to hear from them. It just so happened that it was all in a few days time-- (a week or so ago). I just kind of laughed at each of the boys and said, 'What are the odds?!?'

Each afternoon Dane goes down for his nap after lunch. On Wednesday and Fridays the little guy I watch takes a nap too. Trey loves his naps and as soon as lunch is over he asks, "Can I take my nap now?" Well of course I take him up and let him take his nap-- usually 3 hours long. On this particular day Alex was walking upstairs with us and said, "I want to take a nap too." I didn't really take him seriously and tucked in Trey. Alex got in Oliver's bed, pulled up the covers and said, "Good night mom." I laughed said good night and went downstairs checking on him about 20 minutes later. He had switched to Bryant's bed. Then came down a few minutes later. Thanks Trey for helping Alex take a little rest.

Seth just started taking piano lessons with me. We sit together at the piano as he practices each day. About one week into this he asked, "Mom can I practice now. I am really good." I know that this sentiment of wanting to practice will not last long. We will enjoy it while it lasts.

Bryant is my studious thoughtful guy. He will lay out his clothes and is thoughtful about getting everything he is asked done. All the boys know that they don't get screen time or to play with friends if their jobs aren't done. That includes about 8 or 9 things they need to do each day-- get dressed, make your bed, eat and clear your dishes, practice piano, homework-- you get the idea. Not really a lot from my point of view but a lot to growing boys who are learning to take care of themselves, their stuff and responsibilities. Finally I get to what Bryant says. He gets out of bed calls me to the bottom of the stairs and says, "Mom get me up at 6:45. It really isn't that early." You heard right that was 6:45am. He wanted both Oliver and himself to practice the piano before school. I told Jeff the wake them up in the morning, but not to try very hard. Those two boys got mad and kept requesting the early wake up call. They even went so far as to say what we could do to they to wake them up. "Twisting noses, water, yelling" were some of then suggestions. I am waiting to see how long this lasts.

Oliver and Bryant just got new carpet in their bedroom. We rearranged the furniture leaving the room, clean and open. One night we sat in the room ready to read scriptures. Oliver was putting away the last few legos on the ground. As he finished he look at Bryant and said, "Bryant let's clean up our room every night." I have to say that their room has stayed clean for over a week and a half. Here is to another 10 days.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I loved your blog today. The pics of the boys are so cute, too. What a great job you are both doing with them. Mom N.

    ReplyDelete